Oct 22, 2013

Banana Yoghurt Muffins

Wow I actually MIA for so long...! About to lose the momentum of updating my blog. My backlogs have become mission impossible to complete updating. lol! Lazy me, now I don't even carry my camera around, everything just snap with my Iphone! 

Well just a little updates on me, now you can find me actively in Instagram - wensdelight! Follow me to see what I am up to daily! Recently I just came back from a 10 days Taiwan/Hongkong trip. You can check out my travelogue at Instagram - #wentaiwanhksep13. And also went for a company trip to Phuket in Jun 2013, check out my updates at Instagram too - #wenphuketjun13.

By the way, I still bake occasionally and here's one of the muffin recipe I tried few days ago from "Table for 2.....or more". Very well received and definitely a keeper.

Banana Yoghurt Muffins


Photos taken with Iphone 5


Recipe adapted from "Table for 2...or more"
Ingredients:
180g Banana (very ripe)
2 Eggs
140g Plain yoghurt
100g Melted butter
210g Cake flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Baking powder (optional)
1/4 tsp Vanilla paste (optional)
150g Soft brown sugar
A pinch of salt 
Toppings - walnuts, choc chips, Oreo etcs




Method:
Preheat oven at 180C. Line a 12 holes muffin tray with paper cups.
1. Place eggs and banana in a mixing bowl and use electric mixer/blender to mix well till banana all mashed up.
2. Add in yogurt, melted butter and vanilla into egg mixture above, mix well.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into another mixing bowl, use a balloon whisk to stir in sugar and mix well to lighten the dry ingredients.
4. Combine (2) and (3) using a balloon whisk. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups to 3/4 full and add toppings of your preference.
6. Baked for 20-25 mins.



The muffin was soft, moist and fluffy with the right sweetness! Still good on the 3rd day. Yum!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts