Feb 7, 2013

Pineapple Tarts

This is another pineapple tarts recipe I attempted recently originated from Jaime Teo of Everybody Loves A Sweet Ending (the owner of Twelve Cupcakes). The pastry is rich tasty and has a very melt in the mouth texture. 



I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.


Recipe adapted from Jaime Teo with minor alteration.
Ingredients:
(A)
340g Cake flour
45g Milk powder
15g Custard powder
1/2 tsp Salt

(B)
250g Unsalted butter (chilled)
2 tbsp Castor sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 Egg yolks

500g Pineapple fillings, roll into 7g (S), big 9g (L)
Egg wash: 1 Egg yolk + 1/2 egg white + 2 drops of oil (beaten)



Methods:
Preheat oven at 170C, lined the baking tray.
1. Sift (A) together, set aside.
2. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light.
3. Add egg yolks one at time till well incorporated.
4. Add in (A) and mix till it becomes a dough.
5. Put dough into plastic bags and refrigerate overnight.
6. Next day thaw the dough till rollable, roll out into 1/2cm thickness.
7. Using a pineapple tart mould, press out, egg wash and top with pineapple fillings.
8. Bake in center rack for about 20 mins.

I am also linking this post to the event, PineapplesLittle Thumbs Up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Bake for Happy Kids.


11 comments :

Zoe said...

Hi Wen,

Doreen and I are organizing a family cooking and baking event with a pineapple theme. All you need to do is to 1) bake or cook anything
with pineapple 2) mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to Bake
for Happy Kids or/and my little favourite DIY 3) submit your details on my Acar
post and your link will be on my post.

Your pineapple tarts look wonderful and wonder if you can link up your post with me,
http://bakeforhappykids.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/nyonya-acar-achar-spicy-mixed-vegetable.html Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers!

Zoe

wensdelight said...

Hi Zoe, thanks and has submitted!

Zoe said...

Hi Wen,
Nice to have you linking up with us. Thank you so much for your participation :)
Zoe

ILoveICookIBake said...

melt in the mouth pastry always attracts me :)

this recipe is in my list to try

thks :)

Happy Chinese New Year to u and family :)

Doris Goh said...

I love pineapple tarts, yours look pretty and yummy! I would like to wish you a Happy Lunar Year :) Gong Xi Gong Xi :)

Alivia Rida said...

Very good article and very understood please support me in my article Konsumen Cerdas Paham Perlindungan Konsumen about Konsumen Cerdas Paham Perlindungan Konsumen and visit Sekolah Belajar Forex FBS Indonesia Thanks and nice share

Patricia said...

Hi Wen,
I had followed your method, but I can't mould it as the dough are very soft. Please advice. Thanks

Patricia said...

Hi Wen,
I had followed your method but I can't mould it as the dough are very soft. Please advice. Thanks

Patricia said...

Hi Wen,
My pastry turn out too soft to mould. Would you be able to advice? Thanks in advance.

Patricia said...

Hi Wen,
My dough turn out too soft to mould. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

wensdelight said...

If you have chilled it well as stated in the recipe, it will not be that soft. And when moulding, you have to flour the mould generously to prevent it from sticking. Take out the dough from the fridge part by part. This recipe quite melty and buttery. If you want it to be easier to handle, substitute 1 egg yolk with 1/2 egg white.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts