Ee fu noodles is one of my favourite noodles dish which is commonly found on Chinese restaurant's menu. My aunt knows that I love it very much so during CNY, she tried cooking it instead of frying bee hoon. This is a homestyle version created by Aunt. Another keeper too. Yummy!
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #15 - Auspicious Dishes for CNY (January 2012) hosted by me, Wen of Wen's Delight! Please note that the submission date has been extended to 6th Feb 2012 (which is the last day of CNY).
Ee Fu Noodles (serve 5-6)
300g Dried Noodles (Ee Fu Noodles)
60g Button Mushroom (Sliced)
250g Bean Sprout
1/2tbsp Garlic (chopped)
160g Shelled Small Shrimp (season for 30mins)
Seasoning for shrimp:
1.5tsp Light Soya Sauce
1tsp Sesame Oil
A pinch Sodium Bicarbonate
3tsp Light Soya Sauce
2tsp Oyster Sauce
2tsp Dark Soya Sauce
2tsp Sesame Oil
1. Blanched noodle a while & drained. Set aside.
2. Blanched bean sprout and button mushroom, drained. Set aside.
3. Heat wok and add 2tbsp oil, add garlic & shrimp to fry a while.
4. Add buttom mushroom & sauce, bring it to boil.
5. Add noodle, lower heat to simmer till sauce dried up.
6. Turn of heat, add bean sprout & mix well.
7. Dish out and garnish with Chinese coriander/sliced chillies to serve.