Oct 14, 2009

The Cathay Restaurant

[Closed]
1st Oct 2009

I'm finally done with my Sept 09 backlogs except for my Japan trip which I will gradually update. Now, let me start updating my last 2 weeks backlogs.

It's another birthday dinner apppointment I went to at The Cathay Restaurant, serving modern Cantonese cuisine in an elegant ambience. This friend of mine, C prefers chinese cuisine so I sugguested to try this restaurant. I remembered my last time here was for dim sums, almost more than a year ago where I haven't started my food blog. What impressed me was their good service. After browsing through the menu, we decided to have a set menu instead.

Set Menu 3 - S$128++ for 4 pax

Brasied Shark's Fin w/Crabmeat & Bamboo Fungus
Sauteed Prawns w/Honey Beans & Preserved Olives
Steamed Pa Ting Fish w/Minced Ginger
Cathay Cispy Roasted Chicken
Poached Greens w/Honshimeji Mishroom
Stewed Homemade Noodles served w/Pork Neck in XO sauce
Dessert - Shark Fin Melon w/Longan & Red Dates


The soup was rich and flavorful with lots of fins & crabmeat.



The bd girl liked this especially the crunchy prawns & honey peas. This was nice though I don't like prawns.



My fav fish - Pa Ting. Some may not like the muddy taste but I'm alright with it. The sauce was a bit too salty.




Roast chicken top with w/crispy breadcrumb & seaweed - one of their signature dish. Not bad and even the breast meat was tender.



The stock was nice but the mushroom was a bit too raw. Would prefer it to be more thoroughly cooked.


Nice sauce that complimented the smooth handmade noodles well but we were very full by then and was not able to finish it.


The dessert was served cold. It was light and so refreshing that help to clean our palates.
An enjoyable dinner in a comfortable & cosy ambience. The service staffs were competent, attentive & friendly too. Overall, the quality of the food was good. They have quite a few promotion going on and credit cards promotion is always available too.




The Cathay Restaurant
2 Handy Road #02-01
The Cathay
Singapore 229233
Tel: 67326623 Fax: 67321203

Operation Hours:
Weekdays & Saturday
- 11.30am to 3.00pm (Lunch)
- 6.00pm to 10.30pm (Dinner)
Sunday
- 10.00am to 3.00pm (Lunch)
- 6.00pm to 10.30pm (Dinner)

1 comments :

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. Everything look so delicious!!! Esp the Roast chicken top with w/crispy breadcrumb & seaweed, sounds and look very special :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts