Sep 13, 2009

Hot Basil Minced Meat w/Rice

In Thai - kao pad kra-prow moo which means Hot Basil Minced Meat w/Rice usually top w/an egg. A simple & typical Thai dish that I love and will always have it when I go Bangkok.

On the last Sunday of Aug 09 (30/8/09), we decided to dine at home instead as I wanted to try out some of the recipes from Forest Leong cookbook - Cooking Classics Thailand which I bought months ago. Another simple to cook dish which I liked...




Recipe adapted from Cooking Classics Thailand by Forest Leong:


Ingredients (serve 4):
Hot Basil Leaves - A few full sprigs (pick out the leaves from sprig, wash, drain & set aside)
Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
Chopped Garlic - 5 cloves
Chopped Bird's eye chillies - 2 to 3
Minced Pork/beef/chicken - 300g
Hon Shimeji Mushrooms - 30g
Red Chilli - 1, finely sliced
Eggs - 4

Seasoning:
Fish Sauce - 1 tsp
Oyster Sauce - 2 tsps
Sugar - 1/2 tsp

Some alteration made by me - optional.
I added 1 tsp of cornflour into the minced meat. While stir frying, it gets dry easily so I also added at least 2 to 3tbsp of water into it and some dark soya sauce for colouring but if using beef then is not necessary.

Method:
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat to fry garlic & bird eye chillies until fragrant.
2. Add balance ingredients & seasoning. Continue to stir-fry until pork is cooked. Remove from heat & set aside.
3. Heat a lightly greased pan. Cook eggs sunny-side up.
4. Spoon ready cooked minced pork onto seving plates over rice & top w/egg.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts