Sep 8, 2009

Fried Mee Tai Bak

I started to do some weekend cooking too. I can't even remember when was the last time that I actually stir fry something and I became very conscious when adding seasoning, tend to worry whether did I over or under season my food. Anyway, still manage to cook this simple Fried Mee Tai Bak up and this was what I used/liked to cook when I was still a student.

Fried Mee Tai Bak


Ingredients:(Serve - 2 to 3)
(A)
1 pkt Mee Tai Bak
1-2 Eggs (beaten)
3tbsp 'Hae Bee Hiang'
2 stalks Spring onions

(B)
150g Pork (Sliced into strips & seasoned it)
Optional: 1no Sausage (Sliced)
1/2no Cabbages (Sliced thinly) or beansprout
3nos Dried mushroom (soften & sliced)

3-4 cloves Garlic (Chopped)

Seasoning for pork:
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp maggi seasoning
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp cornflour
pepper

Seasoning:
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water

Method:
1. Heat up wok, add 1 thsp oil and half portion of the chopped garlic & fry till fragrant.
2. Add (B) to stir fry for 2mins, dish out.
3. In a clean wok, heat 1 tbsp oil, add in balance chopped garlic & fry till fragrant.
4. Add egg & scramble it, then add in 'hae bee hiang' fry till fragrant.
5. Add mee tai bak, mix for 1 min.
6. Lastly, add back the cooked (B) & seasoning, fry till cooked.
6. Top with spring onion & serve.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts