Apr 19, 2009

Light & Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

Made my own pancake this morning for breakfast. I'm surprised and delighted with the pancakes texture, it's so fluffy & tasty as good as Mcdonald's. And, it's so easy & simple to make. Everybody can whip up a fantastic pancake!

Buttermilk is the secret ingredient that contributes to it's fluffiness. There are various pancake recipes from the net and even from the buttermilk box itself contain a recipe. However, I used the recipe from Florence of Do What I like as she has converted the recipe to self-raising flour and to grams, so easy to follow. I always prefer recipe with grams than cups. She's my source of inspiration and her recipes always worked.




Buttermilk Pancake:
Ingredients:

(I did half a recipe, yields about 10 pancakes)
120g Self-raising flour
1/8tsp Baking soda
1/8tsp Salt
25g Castor Sugar
187g Buttermilk
1 egg Lightly beaten
2tbsp Corn oil
1/4tsp Vanilla essence
Optional: 1/2 tsp orange zest (I omitted as I'm too lazy to grind)

Method:
1. Sieve four & baking soda into a large bowl, mix in the other dry ingredients.
2. Mix the egg, buttermilk and oil together.
3. Mix the wet & dry ingredients together with a handwhisk till batter is smooth.
4. Cook in a hot non-stick and lightly-greased pan till golden.
5. Serve with maple syrup/honey & butter.

For a varieties of pancake's recipe, refer to:
Mr Breakfast.com - All recipes for pancakes

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts