Mar 7, 2009

Pork Chop & Mushroom Linguine In Tomato Sauce

This evening's dinner was prepared by me, I cooked pasta again. I notice I been craving for pasta recently as I been cooking it weekly for the past 3 weeks. From spaghetti to penne now linguine, next week is what ha... LOL!

It's a fast meal to put up as I have ready homemade tomato sauce in my freezer. Though it's simple but still a lot of cleaning up to do... my kitchen was so oily after cooking. Instead of letting my aunt to rest in the end gave her more troubles. After cooking I quickly cleaned up and mopped the floor but she mopped again as she felt it's still oily (hehe..failed her QC check). Luckily was worth the afford after all as she gave thumb up for my pasta.


Basic pasta recipe from Chef Yong. (I've made amendment to cater to my available ingredients & portion)
Ingredients (Serve 2):
Pasta:
120g Linguine (Cook for 5mins, drain & set aside)
2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1clove Garlic (chopped finely)
100g Fresh Button Mushroom (sliced)
5-6nos Thai Asparagus (cut lengthwise)
600ml Basic Tomato Sauce
1cup Water
50ml White Wine
Chopped Parsley (for garnishing)
Salt & Pepper

Pork Chop:
2pcs Pork Chop
3/4tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt
Coarse Black Pepper
1tsp Flour

Method:
1.Pan fried the pork chop over high heat for 2mins each side or till cooked. Dish out.
1. Use the same pan with pork chop oil, add 2 tbsp olive oil, saute garlic and mushrooms till fragrant.
2. Mix in tomato sauce, wine and water.
3. Bring to boil, add in the linguine & Asparagus.
4. Mix well and simmer for 2 mins.
5. Season with salt, vetsin & pepper. Toss well.
6. Serve with Pork chop and garnish with parsley.


This recipe originated from Chef Yong. I altered it to my liking & required portion.
Basic tomato sauce
Ingredients:
170g Tomato paste (exactly 1 can)
400g Chopped can tomatoes, juice reserved
1kg Fresh tomatoes diced
1L Water
300ml Extra virgin olive Oil
150g Onion (finely chopped)
150g Carrots (finely chopped)
150g Celery (finely chopped)
3pc Bay leaf
1tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)

Seasoning:
1tsp Maggi Concentrated chicken stock
1tsp Sugar
3tsp Salt
Pepper

Method:
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Sauté the garlic until fragrant and add in the onions, carrots, celery and bay leaf. Sauté until fragrant
2. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes until a bright red colour.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, juice, fresh tomatoes and water, bring to boil and simmer for 20min. Add seasoning.
4. Cool and chill/freeze the tomato sauce. Use as when needed.

Note: The above quantity will let you have 2.4L (4packs of 600ml) of tomatoes sauce.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts