Nov 14, 2008

X'mas Roast Pork Workshop with Chef Yong

This evening, I attended a culinary workshop at Cairhill CC by Chef Yong. It's my first time attending his class and I have enjoyed the class very much. Chef Yong is friendly and very informative.



The cooking demo include a soup, a main course & 2 side dishes:

Soup
Corn, Bacon and Porcini Mushrooms Chowder




Main course
Slow Roast Pork Belly with Balsamic Soy Glaze




2 side dishes
Baked Potatoes Cassrole with Spicy Sausages




Cabbage & Bacon Stew



Photos extracted from Chef Yong's Blog - Culinary Workshops with Chef Eric Low which illustrates the presentation of the above dishes:


The course fee includes food tasting. All were delicious except for the baked potatoes, I don't like the cumin seed flavour. So I will omit it if I'm making. Tomorrow, he has another class in the afternoon, I will be attending too. Stay tune for more updates from Chef Yong class...

Chef Yong has 2 blogs:
1. Culinary Workshops with Chef Eric Low
2. Coolchef

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts